Over on FreeMacBlog, we are continuing in our series on how to set up your Mac to act like a server. As I mentioned before, all tutorials are done with Mac OS X (not Mac OS X Server) so anyone with a Mac should be able to set this up with no extra cost for themselves. The videos are explain everything in simple terms so even beginners should feel comfortable. You can then use the server at your house, or use a Mac hosting service like Macminicolo to have your own server in a high scale data center.
There are six videos so far (which I will list below) and there are more to come including setting up a Mail server.
- Initial Set Up Of Your Mac
- Enable The Web Server To Host Your Web Site
- Setting Up VNC On Your Mac For Remote Control
- Setting Up FTP On Your Mac
- Setting Up PHP and MySQL
- How To Host Multiple Web Sites On A Single Mac
- RSS Feed For Future Post In The Series